Adelaide - Legal Services Commission
Provides legal advice, assistance and referral services if you cannot afford to pay for private legal advice. The legal commission has a central office in Adelaide with offices in metropolitan and regional SA.
Free legal advice is available over the telephone Monday to Friday 9am-4.30pm.
Free 30min appointments for legal advice on most areas of law such as:
Family Law, Criminal Law, Civil Law, Neighbour Disputes, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Debt Matters, Domestic Violence, etc.
The appointments are not means tested and follow up appointments may be available if required. Minor assistance may be provided in certain circumstances when no grant of legal aid is provided. Appointments are available at any office within local opening hours schedule.
Telephone appointments also available.
- The Adelaide office has specialist social security advisors who can provide help and advice about Centrelink matters
- Child Support Unit for specialised advice on Child Support matters
- Duty Solicitor available at the Most Magistrates Courts and the Youth Court
- Legal aid representation if eligible through a grant of legal aid- application forms available on website or from any office.
- Community Legal Education can be provided. Follow the links on our website at www.lsc.sa.gov.au
- Legal Chat is an online interactive chat information service available via our website. Chat in real time to an adviser for enquiries relating to legal information. Operating Monday – Friday 9.00 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.