Permit allowing the holder to park in a disabled parking space or for a longer period of time in a non designated disabled parking space.
Disability parking permits allow a vehicle to be parked in spaces where the international symbol of access is shown on a sign or painted on the road surface.
The permits must only be used when:
- the vehicle is being used to transport the permit holder
- the vehicle is being used by an organisation providing transport services to people with a disability
- the permit is displayed so the number and expiry date are clearly visible from the exterior of the vehicle.
- Some parking spaces for disability parking permit holders have time limits that are indicated on the sign.
South Australia gives time limit concessions to holders of disability parking permits where there are no spaces available for people with a disability and where the sign or meter shows specific time limits.
If the time limit shown is:
- less than 30 minutes, the time limit for a disability parking permit holder is 30 minutes
- 30 minutes or more but less than one hour, the time limit for a disability parking permit holder is two hours
- more than one hour, the time limit for a disability parking permit holder is twice the period indicated.