To help with the general cost of living a new state government concession is available to eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes.
You may be eligible for the Cost of Living Concession, for your principal place of residence, if this was your principal place of residence on 1 July of the relevant financial year and held one of the following cards:
- a Pensioner Concession Card
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans' Affairs, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI), Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA), War Widow
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans' Affairs issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
- Low Income Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- State Concession Card
OR one of the following eligible Centrelink payments:
- Newstart allowance
- Sickness allowance
- Widow allowance
- Youth allowance
- Partner allowance
- Parenting Payment Partnered
- Bereavement allowance
- Special benefit
- Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme
- You can demonstrate that on 1 July of the relevant financial year you meet low income provisions in the low income earners category.
Your application must be submitted by the 31st October.