Emergency Services Levy Concession

Share to

31 May, 2018Concessions

You may be eligible for the general remission and/or a concession (maximum of $46 per year) on the ESL applied to your principal place of residence if you

Are the titled owner of the property


hold a life interest in the property


Hold one of the following cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Gold Repatriation Health Card (TPI, EDA or War Widow) from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs-- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Low Income Health Care Card*

NOTE: With the exception of a Low Income Health Care Card, if you hold one of the cards listed above, once your initial application has been approved, your general remission/concession will automatically be deducted from all future ESL Notices. *If you hold a Low Income Health Care Card, you will need to apply every year.


Receive one of the following Centrelink payments:

  • Newstart allowance
  • Sickness allowance
  • Widow allowance
  • Youth allowance
  • Partner allowance
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special benefit
  • Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
  • New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
  • Austudy
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand

NOTE: If you receive one of the Centrelink payments listed above, you will need to reapply each year.

The general remission and the concession are available on only one property per person, married couple or domestic partnership and must constitute the persons’/couples’/partners’ principal place of residence. Two or more persons owning land jointly or as tenants in common (other than a married couple or a domestic partnership) are each eligible for a part remission/concession, proportionate to his or her interest in their principal place of residence.