Emergency Services Levy (fixed property) Remission

Share to


COVID-19 update: Changes have been made to the way some services are delivered. To apply for household concessions, use the online application form. Processing delays will apply to applications received by post.

South Australian residents may be eligible to receive a remission on the Emergency Services Levy (ESL) (fixed property) for their principal place of residence.

To be eligible, applicants must:

  • live at the property on 1 July of the year the levy notice is issued
  • be a registered owner of the property, or be the holder of a life estate, on 1 July of the year the levy notice is issued
  • hold an eligible card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment between the levy notice issue and due dates.

Residential park residents are not eligible for an ESL remission, as this charge is not normally passed on by residential park operators.

You can apply online at the sa.gov website or download the application form and submit by email.

If you are unsure of your eligibility, please visit the sa.gov webpage or contact ConcessionsSA direct.

If you have previously applied for concessions, but are not currently receiving them, please contact Concessions SA to discuss further.

Last updated 16 December, 2020