Energy Concessions

Share to


Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for assistance with the cost of Electricity bills for their principal place of residence.

To be eligible you must:

  • live at the property
  • be listed as an account holder on your electrcity bill
  • hold an eligible concession card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment
  • not be living with anyone who has an income of more than $3,000 per year, unless they either:
  • get an allowance from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
  • are your spouse, domestic partner or dependent.

If you live in a residential park you may be eligible for a combined concession for your water, sewerage and energy - see Residential Park Resident Concessions link.

To apply, follow the link provided to the online application form or download a copy.

If you are unsure of your eligibility, please refer to the attached concessions finder or contact Concessions SA direct.

If you have previously applied for concessions, but are not currently receiving them, please contact Concessions SA to discuss further.

Last updated 30 January, 2020