Women’s Safety Services SA provides support for women and their children who are living with or escaping domestic or family violence. WSSSA provides a range of programs and assistance in areas across Adelaide including special services to assist migrant and Aboriginal family violence services. This service incorporates the Southern, Eastern and Western Adelaide Domestic Violence Services. Particular contacts below.
Range of services
- Safe, supported crisis and short term accommodation
- Domestic and family violence counselling and support via the phone or face to face
- Domestic violence educational programs and support groups for women and children
- Referral and information about: health, legal, financial, accommodation and immigration matters
- Assistance for women from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-English speaking backgrounds
- Access for women with disabilities
Domestic Violence Crisis line 1800 800 098 - Due to the volume of calls, it is at times necessary to leave a message. Messages left will be returned. Discretion is assured. Return messages will not be left with anyone other than the original caller. The service is free, confidential and available state-wide. You can contact the crisis line as many times as you want or need.
In an emergency contact 000
For police attendance 131 444
Child Abuse Report Line 131 478