The Department for Education and Child Development provides financial assistance to eligible families on low incomes on the cost of their children's education. Children in government schools may also get the materials and service charges paid.
The School Card scheme offers financial assistance with educational expenses for students attending government schools including:
- school fees (materials and service charges)
- camps and excursions.
- families with children aged four years and over who attend a school full-time
- independent full time years 10 or 11 students who are studying six subjects
- independent full time year 12 students who are studying five subjects
- adult re-entry students undertaking DECD funded subjects at a government school.
- Family income limits apply
For students at non-government schools, parents are encouraged to speak directly to the school about financial assistance.
Last updated 27 November, 2019