Financial counselling helps you manage your debts and get your finances back under control.
Get advice about
- Your financial situation, to help you fully understand your position.
- How to prioritise your debts
- The pros and cons of the options that might work for you in addressing your debts (for example, repayment of loans, negotiating with creditors, bankruptcy and so on. There are always options.
- Your rights and responsibilities around credit and debt.
- How to access other services you may need, such as legal services, crisis food and accommodation services, and health services.
- Bushfire specific Financial Counselling advice
Financial counselling is free, confidential and independent.
There are two Financial Counselling providers on the Island.
The Salvation Army operates Wed - Friday with an FC based on the Island.
Uniting Communities can offer face to face appointments on an as needs basis (around every six weeks) or phone counselling appointments.