CPN is a central point of contact for the transport needs within your local region. There are currently 13 regional and 4 metro based CPN’s in South Australia.
The role of a Community Passenger Network (CPN) is to:
1. Provide information on transport services available in the region
2. Coordinate transport services for members of their communities, particularly for transport disadvantaged*
3. Provide ad-hoc transport as a last resort where no other transport is available in the region and where resources are available to the CPN
*for people who are:
- unable to access public transport due to distance, mobility or availability of services, and
- unable to drive themselves, and
- unable to access another person to transport them
The CPN’s are funded by the Commonwealth Home and Community Care program and the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion.