Medical Heating and Cooling Concession

Assists South Australians on a fixed or low income who have a clinically verified medical condition which requires the frequent use of heating or cooling in the home to prevent the severe worsening of their condition.

The concession will be indexed each financial year and available to eligible applicants in addition to the current energy concession.

For information about eligibility visit the website below or call the Medical Heating and Cooling Line.


Personal AlertSA (PASA)

To apply to Personal AlertSA (PASA), scan and email your completed application to Processing delays will apply to applications received by post.

A personal alert system is a device that enables people to call for help in an emergency if they are unable to access or use a telephone.

ConcessionsSA offers assistance to eligible applicants for the purchasing and monitoring of the system. Funds are paid directly to your supplier. If the total charges are more than the payment amount, you are responsible for paying the difference directly to your supplier.

The website includes detailed eligibility criteria and information on how to apply.


Public Transport Concession

To apply for the Transport Concession Card, use the online application form.

South Australians on low or fixed incomes, who hold a Concession Card or are Seniors Card holders may be eligible to receive a concession on public transport fares.

You can easily find out if you are eligible by going to the website and answering a few questions. Applications can be made online.

Accompanied children under five years of age travel free at all times.


Public Transport Plus One FREE COMPANION Card

The Plus One FREE COMPANION Card assists people who have severe and permanent impairments which limit their ability to use public transport independently. It allows them to be accompanied by a carer who travels free of charge on all Adelaide Metro bus, train and tram services.

You can apply for a Plus One FREE COMPANION Card if you are a permanent resident of South Australia and have severe and permanent disabilities which limits your capacity to use public transport independently.

As part of the application, you will need one passport-sized colour photograph (head and shoulders), which must be certified by a responsible person who:

- is 18 years of age

- has known the applicant for at least 12 months

- is not related to the applicant by birth or marriage

- is not in a de facto relationship with the applicant (this includes a same sex relationship)

- does not live at the applicant's address.

You may need help from a GP, medical specialist or mobility instructor to complete the application.

You can access the application form via the website.

For further information, visit the website or call the number below.


Residential Park Resident Concession

If you live in a residential or caravan park you may be eligible for the Residential Park Resident Concession which is a single combined concession to help with your energy, water and sewerage bills. You may also be eligible to receive the Cost of Living Concession.

No Emergency Services Levy (fixed property) concession is payable, as this levy is not normally charged to residents of residential parks.

To be eligible you must:

- Occupy the property as your principal place of residence.

- Hold an eligible concession card or receive an eligible Centrelink Payment.

For further information and to get the application form please go to the ConcessionsSA website below or contact the ConcessionsSA Hotline.


School Card Scheme

The School Card Scheme offers financial assistance with school fees (materials and services charges) for students attending government schools in that year.

Applications for the current year close in mid November. Applications for the new year open in mid January.

If your school fees (materials and services charges) are less than the School Card subsidy, the scheme can also help with other educational expenses such as uniform, camp and excursion costs.

For students at non-government schools, parents are encouraged to speak directly to the school about financial assistance.

Applications can be submitted online or you can request and submit an application to your school.


Vehicle Registration and Licence Concessions

Reduced fees for vehicle registration and driver's licences are available for eligible South Australians. The reduced fees are available as the following concessions:

Pensioner concession – must hold a government pension card

Incapacitated person's concession - public transport is not accessible due to physical incapacity

Incapacitated ex-service person's concession - as a result of service in the military, public transport is not accessible due to personal incapacity

Primary producer concession - engaged in farming, beekeeping or fishing (and hold the relevant licence or registration)

The reduced fees differ for each concession.

For more information and to check eligibility, visit the website or call Service SA on the number below.


Water and Sewerage Rate Concessions

The Water and Sewerage Rate Concessions is available to eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes for assistance with water and sewerage rates.

To be eligible you must:

- own or rent your principal place of residence

- pay for water supply and/or all water usage

- hold an eligible card, receive an eligible Centrelink payment or meet low income provisions.

You can apply online at the water concessions website below, or download the application form to submit by email.

If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the ConcessionsSA Hotline.

If you have previously applied for concessions, but are not currently receiving them, please contact the ConcessionsSA Hotline.