The market, in its 28th year, is known for its huge selection of affordable, rare and essential gardening goodies but also for its delicious international food and family entertainment; gardening advice, live radio shows and free ABC studio tours.
Entry by gold coin donation and all proceeds collected on the day support Canteen Australia's "The Stronger Me" program.
Planting the seeds for good mental health.
Carnival in the North is an inclusive event for everyone, whether you want to find some positive ways to improve your mental health, or to learn how to maintain your wellbeing, there is something for everyone this Mental Health Week.
Join us as we explore the themes of nurturing, environment, health, and growth.
There will be plenty of fun activities and workshops, including:
- Safe Pets Safe Families - Kissing Booth with dogs.
- SevenEight Psychology - Meet and greet therapy pony 'Derek'
- Gawler Environment Centre - make your own wicking boxes at the Wicking Bed Workshop
- Pathways to Recovery - desktop zen gardens
- Whitelion Chatterbox Bus - mobile crisis support and outreach
- Native plants as food
- Orange Skylight laundry van on-site
- SAPOL and MFS visit
- Animals Anonymous on site
- 35+ stalls for mental health and well-being providers
- Face painting
- BBQ lunch
- And much more!
Hosted in partnership with Uniting Communities, Playford Youth Advisory Committee, Neami National, Job Prospects, Barkuma and Pathways to Recovery.