Assists South Australians on a fixed or low income who have a clinically verified medical condition which requires the frequent use of heating or cooling in the home to prevent the severe worsening of their condition.
The concession will be indexed each financial year and available to eligible applicants in addition to the current energy concession.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- live at the address on the application form
- have, or be the parent or legal guardian of, a child who has a qualifying medical condition requiring cooling or heating to prevent severe worsening of their condition
- provide certification from their medical specialist or general practitioner that the medical condition is severely worsened by hot or cold weather
- use an air conditioning unit at that address to meet their medical heating and cooling requirements
- be financially responsible for the full or part payment of the energy bill
- hold an eligible concession card or receive an eligible Centrelink payment.
For more information please call 1300 735 350 or visit their website.