Sonder's offer a free Walk-in after-hours mental health service to support people aged 18 years and over in the after-hours period between 5pm-10pm, who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns such as stress, grief, depression and anxiety.
This service is available Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays from 5pm - 10pm, with no appointment required.
For more information call 08 8209 0711 or visit their website.
It’s normal to feel stress and worry when there is a health event happening in the community that is affecting people’s wellbeing, such as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
For mental health support by phone and video in relation to COVID-19, contact SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line - 1800 632 753 - available 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, 7 days a week.
For assistance in a mental health emergency, contact the mental health triage service - telephone 13 14 65 available 24 hours, seven days a week.
Vulnerable people and people in self isolation will be able to order their Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) and Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS) prescriptions remotely and have their medicines home delivered for free to reduce their potential exposure to COVID-19.
Why is this important? This temporary measure will protect the most vulnerable members of our community and is available to:
• people isolating themselves at home on the advice of a medical practitioner, in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principle Committee for confirmed COVID19 cases,
• people who meet the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection after consultation with either the national COVID-19 hotline, state COVID-19 hotlines, a registered medical or nursing practitioner, or COVID-19 trained health clinic triage staff
• people aged over 70 • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged over 50
• people with chronic health conditions or who are immunocompromised
• parents with new babies and people who are pregnant.
Since the announcement of the scheme Australia Post has stepped in to make this process a lot easier by utilising its express post system to assist from pharmacy to home delivery for these medicines. Making it free for delivery and following a non-contact delivery process to help restrict the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Phone your local pharmacy for more details.