A FREE bike hire scheme available to everyone. Bikes are now available from locations in Adelaide City, Unley and Charles Sturt areas, see the linked website for map locations of participating venues and operating hours. Bikes can only be used during daylight hours and will not be hired out on days where the temperature for Adelaide have been forecast 38 degrees and above.
Overnight and multi-day hire options available.
To hire an Adelaide Free Bike
- You need to bring either a valid driver’s licence, a passport or Australian proof of age card. Your ID will be held as a deposit for the duration of the hire and will be given back to you when you return your Adelaide Free Bike to the point of hire.
- If you are part of a group wanting to hire multiple bikes, each member of the group must provide the necessary identification.
- You must return the bike to the same location from which it is borrowed.
- Children can only make use of the bike hire when accompanied by an adult with a valid ID
Visitors are able to buy a one, three or five-day pass with unlimited travel on all Adelaide Metro services; metro buses, trains and trams. Maps and travel guides included in the pack.
Where to buy?
Adelaide Metro InfoCentre - Adelaide Railway Station, North Terrace, Adelaide. Ph: 1300 311 108
Adelaide Metro InfoCentre - Corner of King William Street and Currie Street, Adelaide. Ph: 1300 311 108
Adelaide Central YHA - 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide. Ph: (08) 8414 3010
Brighton Caravan Park - 4 Burnham Road, Kingston Park. Ph: (08) 8377 0833
Peterpans Adventure Travel - 119 Waymouth Street, Adelaide. Ph: (08) 8410 3771
Shakespeare Backpackers International Hostel - 123 Waymouth St, Adelaide. Ph: (08) 8231 7655
WHSmith Express Adelaide Airport Ground floor arrivals area
Allows businesses to provide employees with the 28 day unlimited travel pass at a discounted rate.
Allows travel on all Adelaide Metro services at a discount rate during the week with all additional peak, off-peak and weekend trips free.
More information on the 28 day pass is available at the weblink below
Sunday and public holiday fares on buses, rail or trams are significantly cheaper.
Travel is free on the City Connector Buses 98A, 98C, 99A and 99C. Route 98 links the city and North Adelaide while Route 99 links main city destinations. Both operate 7 days a week.
Free city services are available for all users of Trams between South Terrace and the Entertainment Centre at all times and Brighton Road and Moseley Square, Glenelg.
Permit allowing the holder to park in a disabled parking space or for a longer period of time in a non designated disabled parking space.
Disability parking permits allow a vehicle to be parked in spaces where the international symbol of access is shown on a sign or painted on the road surface.
The permits must only be used when:
- the vehicle is being used to transport the permit holder
- the vehicle is being used by an organisation providing transport services to people with a disability
- the permit is displayed so the number and expiry date are clearly visible from the exterior of the vehicle.
- Some parking spaces for disability parking permit holders have time limits that are indicated on the sign.
South Australia gives time limit concessions to holders of disability parking permits where there are no spaces available for people with a disability and where the sign or meter shows specific time limits.
If the time limit shown is:
- less than 30 minutes, the time limit for a disability parking permit holder is 30 minutes
- 30 minutes or more but less than one hour, the time limit for a disability parking permit holder is two hours
- more than one hour, the time limit for a disability parking permit holder is twice the period indicated.
The Adelaide City Council owned UParks have accessible spaces located near the lifts. Holders of SA Disability Parking Permits can apply to UPark for an Accessibility Pass. This pass provides 2 hours free parking up to 52 times per year at all UPark car parks.
For information is available from the Adelaide City Council Customer Centre that is open Monday-Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm. Contact can be made on the number or email provided below.