HomeSeeker SA gives eligible buyers the opportunity to purchase affordable homes in South Australia, before they are available on the open market — meaning low to middle income earners have the opportunity to buy a home for a period of time at a fixed price, without having to compete with real estate investors.
Eligibility to buy a home through HomeSeeker SA is:
- Your annual household income is less than $110,000 before tax (couple or family) OR $85,000 before tax (single).
- Your assets are valued at less than $616,000 (couple or family) OR $482,500 (single).
- You do not own any residential property, including overseas or in regional Australia OR have a binding contract for the sale of a residential property in place.
- You will live in the new home for at least 6 months within the first 12 months of purchasing.
- You or the person you are buying the home with are/is an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia and is 18 years or older.
- You have saved up enough money for a deposit and upfront fees and charges to buy a home.
- You have finance pre-approval from a bank or finance institution.
The HomeSeeker SA website also has tips on renting, including a step-by-step guide to the rental process.
Visit the website for more information and to browse a range of HomeSeeker SA properties and access resources to help you understand and navigate the home buying process.